The other day I was reading from my beautiful Bible which was gifted to me by husband when I first came to USA after our marriage. Among all the gifts that he has got me (there are many including gold & diamonds) the Bible is the Best Gift of all. Its the only gift that provides me joy & strength whenever I read it. This thought gave me the inspiration for this blog- one great reason to give the Bible at work.
Especially in 2020 feeling overwhelmed by COVID ? (Or as our President Trump would say the Chinese Virus). Whatever name you call it 2020 hasn’t been a normal year.
I kept telling myself when things are going to go back to normal? When can we start living like we used to- go to church, visit family members, shop without a mask and best of all travel?
Making Goals: Why I do it?
Firstly, the ways things are now it appears it’s going to take some time for getting our lives back. But 2021 is knocking on the door.
I, like millions others, have always made goals to keep myself on track. Have I always achieved my goals? Not always But some goals I was able to achieve and that makes me do these lists.
ONE Goal at a time.
I usually write a blog about Tips to buy gifts for different occasions. This year along with regular blog I am going to be sharing my ‘3 things to do in 2021’. Once a month I Will share a personal goal. You could do the same. I am a LDS member and a Christian so my goals in life are aligned with Jesus. That will explain some of my goals.
I also believe that we should gift the Bible on weddings so that the new couple can start their journey in life together with God. What do you think?
One Evergreen Gift: The Bible
- Read the Bible everyday. My favorite Book in the Bible is Matthew and I also like to read Psalms. In 2021 I am going to read a Chapter from The Bible everyday. The Bible incidentally is also an ‘evergreen gift’ that can be given to any age group and sooner or later they’ll appreciate it.
- As a youngster I didn’t read the Bible that much but we always had Prayer time at home when read from the Bible. As an adult I look back with nostalgia at those times because those Bible Reading sessions helped me grow strong in my faith.
Before you start questioning my ONE goal for 2021 I want to share some interesting facts about the Bible.
Interesting Facts About The Bible.
In July 2010 Christian Research sent professional interviewers to 44 locations throughout England and Wales to ask the population their views on the Bible. In total 1,013 people were interviewed, with the sample representative of the population as a whole. The research was conducted for Bible Society.
- 40% agreed the Bible is an influence for good in society
- 34% agreed we would be a much better society if more people engaged with the Bible.
Perceptions and image of the Bible
The Bible & The Society
- Overall, responses to statements in this section were positive with 40% agreeing that the Bible is an influence for good in society.
- 36% thought the Bible helped shape communities and 34% thought we would be a better society if more people engaged with the Bible.
- These levels rose the more actively respondents engaged with the Bible, but even amongst the diehard non-believers nearly one in five thought the Bible an influence for good in society.
There was also a steep age gradient to the data. 69% of over 65s had a Bible at home, compared to only 39% of the under 44s.
Why Gifting the Bible is a good idea?
Having read the analysis from above I feel the world will be such a wonderful place if we were to gift the Bible to someone we know doesn’t have one. I am going to be doing this ONE thing in 2021 to promote cooperation, among all mankind and understanding and profitability with love by gifting Bibles around the world.
In this ever changing world what has remained constant is our belief in Jesus.
Why we Need To Read the Bible?
The time when doctors wring their hands & say it’s now in God’s hand. That’s what the doctors told me when my parents were on their death-beds. So, what do you do as a 16 years old. You turn to Jesus & pray. Even though I lost my parents early in life I have always felt a connection with Supreme Power The Holy Spirit. I pray for almost everything. I wonder how many of you remember this hymn “all over the world the spirit is moving…”
The Bible is The Most Researched Book.
In 2021 I want to read the Holy Word. Every word in the Bible is true & most of the places in the Bible have been found. No other religion dares to check their Holy Books or try to retrace their locations except for the Christians.
So, if you have already read the Bible cover to cover before I still urge you to start again.
Find a small nook early in the morning and read a Chapter or two. You might be surprised by doing this ONE thing everyday in 2021 you’ll be less stressed, lighter and more at ease. You’ll be more attune to the world around you.
Oh and I’ve shared a few types of Bibles that are available. In Today’s world you can read the The Bible on different formats- paper the old-fashioned way, on a Kindle, on an iPad or even listen to the audio. The Bible also makes a wonderful gift to a family member or a friend.
If you do decide to join me in 2021to read The Bible then please leave comments below to encourage us all.
Thank you for stopping by.
May the Lord be with you.
Do you have a Bible? Would you like to get one?
Leave a Reply