Secret Santa is very popular at my place of work. Before I tell you how to choose the best gifts for office secret Santa, what is Secret Santa you ask?
Secret Santa is a popular holiday gift-giving game that is perfect for groups of friends or your colleagues at the office. All of the participants’ names are written down, placed in a bowl or hat, and selected at random.
You are then responsible for getting a gift for whoever’s name you pull. Remember this is Secret Santa, so don’t tell anyone whose name you picked! But there are always some colleagues who will try to get out the name of the person you are going to get the gift for so, watch out?
But, what happens when you’re tasked with getting a thoughtful gift for a coworker you’ve never said hello to, or a friendly acquaintance you’ve barely met? That’s when a survey of Secret Santa questions comes in handy!
I have put together a list of questions that will help you get to know the person you’re buying a gift for. Once each person in your group has filled out their Secret Santa survey, put them in a folder or a central location where everyone can pick up their recipient’s answers!
Even if you’re not friends with them, these questions will help you to learn more about their interests so you can get them a gift they’ll surely appreciate!
In addition to asking these questions, I also recommend setting a few rules around the game to ensure everyone receives the perfect gift.
1. Be sure to set a price limit.
2. Schedule the gift exchange at a time everyone can attend
3. Keep gifts appropriate for the setting.
How To Choose The Best Gifts For Office Secret Santa – Fun Facts
- When is your birthday?
- Think of one thing you can’t live without.
- What’s one thing you always need more of?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
- What fictional place would you most like to visit?
- How do you relax after a long day at work?
- Do you collect anything?
Food & Drink
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
- Do you prefer wine or beer?
- What is your favorite candy?
- Do you prefer sweet or sour?
- What is your favorite type of food?
- What is your favorite coffee shop?
- What is one TV show you can watch over and over again?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite actress/actor?
- What is your favorite band?
- What is your favorite type of music?
Fashion & Beauty
- Do you have a favorite nail polish color?
- What is your favorite brand of makeup?
- Do you have a favorite perfume/cologne?
- If you could splurge on one beauty/fashion item, what would it be?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- Where is your favorite place to shop?
Sports & Activities
- Do you play any sports?
- What is your favorite professional sport to watch?
- Who is your favorite athlete?
- Which is your favorite team(s)?
- Do you enjoy any outdoor activities?
Other Favorite Things
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite book?
- Do you have a favorite type of flower?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
To conclude its fun to buy gifts for your colleagues at work especially around Christmas. Secret Santa always mixes things up & most people enjoy it.
If you still need some help deciding on a gift, don’t worry! We have something for everyone on your Christmas list at our Shop.
Do you have a Secret Santa tradition at your workplace?
Did you ever get a gift that you were shocked by? Don’t forget to read my blog about gifts not to give your colleagues at work.
Have fun & be safe!
Thank you for stopping by.
Based on her vast experiences with women in a variety of cultures, the author of Gifts for Women at Work feels a sense of obligation to both her clients and women like her to make their businesses work. A business is a series of relationships. Promoting cooperation, harmony and long term relationships will do more to solve problems and grow a business than anything else for little cost or effort. Using her experience, the author of Gifts for Women at Work hopes to teach you the Art of Gifting to grow you business and ultimately, your bottom line. Keep Gifting. Keep Growing.