Building a strong Team Culture is very important in the business world. In this article I am going to show how to build your team culture with gifts. Before we build a strong Team Culture we need to understand what exactly is a strong Team Culture? I am also going to show you how ‘gifts‘ can help to build team culture.
The definition of Team Culture is:
the shared passion for achieving a fixed outcome and the beliefs and values which develop within a group of individuals who have come together to achieve the fixed outcomehttps://tribe365.co/what-is-team-culture/
Why is a good team culture important?
A good team culture is a key component that is likely to improve customer service, worker performance review process, employee promotions, conflict resolution, and employee benefits.
As a team you become more engaged. A firm with a strong workplace culture is likely to engage its workers and develop loyalty.
But when you are just starting a new business how do you start with a Team Culture?
You probably have an idea about what your business goals are but if you are going to be hiring employees you want them to have an idea what your business stands for.
Answer these 3 Questions:
- What are your core values and your business mission?
- What are your most important personal values?
- Are they the same values you place on professional success?
Once you’ve figured out what you & your business stand for, create a Mission statement (if you need ideas get in touch with me).
Mission statement could be something as simple as “keeping your customers first in all your interactions” or something like “we believe in diversity in all fields and offer products made by women for women”.How to Build a Strong Team Culture with Gifts Click To Tweet
Share your mission statement with your employees, make it visible in your business. Develop it as a written statement that defines and communicates your company’s purpose.
Use it to strengthen your team culture. A successful business thrives best when it aims for an established goal.
Now you as a business owner need to work with your Team to achieve goals.
And yes I am a great believer in goal settings- check out my other blog about SMART Goals. (I can help you to set SMART goals, get in touch).
How do you build teamwork culture in an organization?
Make teamwork one of your core company values, and put a clear emphasis on self-managing teams that are empowered and encouraged to make their own decisions.
4 Ways to Build an Extraordinary Team Culture.
- Assign serious team goals.
- Encourage informal teams.
- Cross-train employees.
- Provide team resources.
How do you build teamwork culture in an organization?
- Build Trust.
- Provide Opportunities to Collaborate..
- Sharing Goals.
- Capitalize on Diversity.
- Advocate for Your Team.
- Celebrate Team Achievements.
- Use Project Man.
What are the 3 most important things needed for effective teamwork in the workplace?
- Mutual Trust
Everyone on the team has to trust everyone else to do their jobs on time, freely share information, and make collaborative decisions.
How to make your team more efficient?
- Learn how to be a good leader.
- Understand your team.
- Communicate clearly.
- Create a common goal.
- Build an environment of trust.
- Delegate responsibility based on strengths.
- Incorporate learning and reflection processes.
How do you motivate a demoralized crew?
- Be accountable.
- Delegate responsibility.
- Cultivate the right leadership style (authoritative, democratic, laissez-faire)
- Communicate effectively.
- Encourage innovation.
What do you say to motivate your team?
- “Feel free to come to my office anytime.”
- “You can ask me any question” .
- “I’ll look into that and give you an update” .
- “There’s good news and also bad news” .
- “Here’s your area of weakness that you need to work on”.
How to build a strong Team Culture with Gifts?
Now that you’ve built a strong Team you need to work with them to improve your business and one of the easiest ways to do that is by ‘gifts’.
Gifts can help to build
- Team spirit: If you are a business owner like Dan Price and decide to give all employees $70000 annually. It motivates the entire team. Everyone in the Gravity team am sure wants to produce/earn more make their company more profitable.
- Individual Moral: On the other hand if you like me work for a major financial institute who is recognized for excellent customer service or interaction by a ‘gift’ that is personalized, it makes me the employee feel appreciated. Around Christmas I know many business owners give cash gifts to their employees as a bonus as an appreciation for their hard work.
- Competitive Behavior: When an employee is recognized in a meeting with a ‘gift’ it encourages competitive behavior. Irrespective of the value of the gift all employees like to receive a gift which helps build relationships.
- Encourage loyalty with personalized gifts: When you hire someone welcome them with a personalized gift and a handwritten note.
- Build relationships: Remember the CEO’s who gave large bonus to their employees on Christmas? or a Gift-card that you got for your employee who just got married? These small gestures will help to build Team Culture where everyone will feel welcomed & appreciated. Books are my favorite gifts to give especially to team members who are new and our committed to diversity.
To conclude building a strong Team Culture isn’t easy but its very important for business to have a team identity. ‘Gifts’ can help you and your business to build a strong team. The best part is the way you will build relationships and strong team culture with gifts you will also recognize ways to grow your business in an ethical way.
Do leave your comments.
Great article Sangeeta! Thank you for your amazing tips.