Before we begin, let me just say, Happy Birthday America! It’s the 4th of July!
We all know the story how America got its Independence.
I want to share a few interesting facts with you which I find interesting.
The Declaration Of Independence
- The Declaration of Independence began as a letter to Britain’s King George to explain why the Continental Congress was interested in declaring independence from Great Britain.
- The drafting of the Declaration began on July 2. Thomas Jefferson presented the completed draft on July 4, 1776.
Who Signed The Declaration of Independence?
- Although 56 people eventually signed the Declaration of Independence, only John Hancock signed it on July 4, 1776. The rest added their names later.
- The average age of the signers was 45. The youngest was Thomas Lynch, Jr., age 27. Benjamin Franklin was the oldest, at age 70.
- The only copy of the signed Declaration of Independence is in the National Archives in Washington, D.C.
Two Signees that Served As Presidents.
- John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were the only signees to serve as presidents. They both died on July 4, 1826, within hours of each other.
The Liberty Bell.
- On July 4, every year, the Liberty Bell, in Philadelphia, is tapped (not rung, because the vibration might further damage the cracked bell) 13 times in honor of the original 13 American colonies.
- Placed in a circle to represent the colonies equally, the stars on the original American flag looked different than they do today.
The National Bird
- Benjamin Franklin proposed that the turkey be the national bird. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson over-ruled him, and the bald eagle became the national bird.
Why is President Trump So Special?
In India & countries around the world, nations celebrate Independence Daywith a parade & show of power. But in the USA its left to Americans individually to celebrate it which we do with gusto. So, only the Trump era will be remembered for this.
- The world needs to see a unified and a strong America. Trust me its good for the peace.
- Christians around the world need a strong America and believe me the 4th of July celebrations would have made them feel safe.
- US armed forces that go all over the world to protect the peace got a chance to be recognized at home.
- America is truly the land of the Free and the home of the Brave.
What Did We Do?
What did we do? We went boating on Mt Baker Lake in WA. It was so much fun.
Thank you for stopping by.
Do subscribe & buy something from our shop.
Happy Birthday America! It’s the 4th of July!
Based on her vast experiences with women in a variety of cultures, the author of Gifts for Women at Work feels a sense of obligation to both her clients and women like her to make their businesses work. A business is a series of relationships. Promoting cooperation, harmony and long term relationships will do more to solve problems and grow a business than anything else for little cost or effort. Using her experience, the author of Gifts for Women at Work hopes to teach you the Art of Gifting to grow you business and ultimately, your bottom line. Keep Gifting. Keep Growing.