15 fun birthday celebration ideas that are simple and frugal:
When it comes to 15 hassle free ways to celebrate a coworkers birthday, first, First, let me begin by saying I am great believer that, IT’S THE THOUGHT AND A CAKE THAT COUNTS! I love ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins. But hints apart I feel it’s great if someone remembers you on your birthday. At my workplace there are two ways they celebrate a colleagues birthday.
One is a company card on which we all get to sign and is given to the birthday gal or guy. You have the option of sending it by email or by internal mail. I usually use this and most of the time the recipient is very surprised and happy and says something like “you made my day” or ‘wow you remembered”.
However, if you are the popular one then they get you a special card and the whole gang goes out to celebrate the birthday. The funny thing is they go out to a restaurant but they all pay for themselves and at times they end up going to a restaurant that is ethnic and not everyone likes it but they go there because they want to be ‘in’ the group.
I’ve always wanted to tell my co-workers that some things like birthdays are best celebrated with family. Work is work. Celebrating a work anniversary makes more sense to me than celebrating a birthday. I mean wont you rather spend your birthday with your better half, kids, family?
Birthdays at Work Without the Popularity Contest
Having said that there are ways that one can celebrate birthdays at work without making it out to be a ‘popularity’ contest.
Little surprises make a day special and there are many ways to show a friend that you appreciate them… but without spending a lot of $!
It’s All in the Cards
Number one on the list… give a card! An e-card or a paper card both are great.
- Of course I know, so obvious. But I have a big hint for you: check out the Hallmark $.47 and $.97 cards at Walmart.
- Buy a $1 mug and fill it with candy.
- Or, Bring donuts, bagels, or muffins to work in the morning. Because that is always an awesome surprise!
- Host a surprise birthday potluck at work and ask everyone to bring a snack. You could actually do this monthly to cover everyone’s birthdays.
- Stop by with their favorite soda or coffee.
You Don’t Have to Spend a Lot to Be Remembered
- Buy a small bunch of inexpensive flowers, trim them short, place them in water in a coffee mug and leave them on your co-workers desk.
- Next, purchase a $1 mug and make a mug cake in a microwave and deliver it fresh to your co-worker.
- Get them a funny Tee-shirt.
- Pick up a $1 box of your friends favorite candy at Walmart Bake a cake from scratch.
- As we mentioned, go out to dinner with a group of friends and everyone can chip in to cover the birthday friend’s dinner.
- Buy your friend/co-worker a pack of their favorite pens and leave them on their desk with a happy birthday note.
- Buy them your favorite Book.
- Decorate your co-workers desk with crepe paper and balloons before they arrive to work.
- Gift a $5 coffee shop or fast food restaurant gift card.
- Buy a big, cheap bowl and fill it with bags of microwave popcorn, some candy, and a free movie rental code.
- Finally, start a silly tradition, such as the birthday person gets to be king/queen for the day and wear a crown and carry a scepter.
More than 15 Hassle Free Ways to Celebrate a Coworkers Birthday
Sometimes a fun gift is a great idea for setting the birthday mood.
Patrick Broady says
Wow! Thank you! I constantly wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I implement a fragment of your post to my site? I found perfect funny gift for this holiday time 🙂 https://www.etsy.com/listing/869479927/fuck-2020-t-shirt