Halloween month is here!Halloween is one of those Americana celebrations I wasn’t familiar with growing up in Delhi. In my opinion Halloween celebration at work could bring in some ‘fun element ’ at work . In this blog I am going to talk about Halloween, its origins, fun ways to celebrate it and gifts that one can buy for employees. Let’s dive in.
Origins of Halloween
Halloween is now associated with trick or treating, candy and costumes. But it probably started as a way to have some good ole fun by remembering the dead.
To me, an immigrant, Halloween appears to be very similar to All Souls Day celebrated by Catholics in India on November 2nd (minus the costumes and candy).
It also reminds me of The Day of the Dead celebrated in Mexico which honors the dead.
Irrespective of the reason Halloween started, it’s now a very popular celebration in the Western world more so in America. This is one time the world gets to see the goofy & fun side of Americans.
Where else would you see adults dressed up as Dracula & women as witches? Don’t forget the kids who love to be dressed as aliens, superheroes or zombies.
One Year in the Sultanate of Oman we celebrated Halloween by me being a ghost (lazy & unoriginal I know) & my husband as a Serial Killer (Cerial killer with fruit loops boxes etc original & fun).
There are fun ways you can cheer up your employees this year if your business is open or if your employees work remotely they too would love to get these gifts.10 Fun Ways To Celebrate Halloween with Employees Click To Tweet
Fun Ways To Celebrate Halloween with Employees
- Just as we have Blue Fridays in Washington we could celebrate Halloween Day where you could ask your employees to dress up in the best costume in Halloween Week.
- Employees could be encouraged to put a Pumpkin on their desk the whole month, or wear Halloween themed jewelry.
- On Halloween’s Day if its a working day you can ask them to bring the goofiest but edible food and have some fun.
- Have a Halloween Bar. Bar doesn’t need to be Alcoholic (am LDS). So, Flavored drinks with queer names would be fun.
- Have a Halloween costume party contest (in person or Virtual).
- Give out Halloween Best Costume Skeleton Trophy for best food, best costume, best gag, best decoration.
- After work or during lunchtime try out a few games- Halloween Bean Bag Toss Game with 3 Bean Bag or best movie lines/ names.
With a little effort you can spice up your employees October month with Halloween theme.
Depending on your business budget you could decorate the office with a few Halloween gifts.10 Fun Ways To Celebrate Halloween with Employees Click To Tweet
You could also buy in bulk -coffee, chocolates, gift cards, clear bakery boxes, gift bags and make your special gift bags with a personalized note. Do contact me if you need suggestions.
10 of my Favorite Halloween Gifts For Employees
Buy them tickets to Haunted House and go together as a Team. Gifts do build relationships. Check our first blog here.
Gift Baskets with Halloween theme is no brainer and is always appreciated
Halloween Cups filled with candy.
Halloween Themed Cupcakes.
Give them Skull Mason Jars.
Genuine Fred E.M.T. Insulated Lunch Totes
Halloween Jack- Pumpkin Scented Soap
Gag Gift like
Tea-towels / Kitchen towels/ Aprons
Now that you’ve got some fun stuff dont forget to get these
- Themed boxes
- Halloween themed Bags
Halloween Movies I love!
Now that I have shared my thoughts on ways to celebrate H with your employees I want to know your ideas.
Did I cover fun gift ideas for Halloween this year?
What do you do for your employees on Halloween? Which is your favorite Halloween Movie?
Do share your thoughts in the comments below.10 Fun Ways To Celebrate Halloween with Employees Click To Tweet
Leave a Reply